back to home
Allows you to post events that can be shown on a calendar, as a list and/or in iCal format. The flavor for UMC conferences has three calendar slices: Conference, District and Church. It also allows visitors to find events within "areas" which are basically categories or types of events.
The URLs for things
- The base events list is at: site/events
- The calendar is at: site/events/calendar
- The iCal is at: site/events/ical
A video walkthrough
Check out the video walkthrough
Some examples on live sites
Fields and related tables
The events are within the EVENTS console section and here is what the fields mean. Keep in mind that there is a fair amount of variation from one Conference to the next to your organization may have added or removed certain fields.
- Event - the name of the event
- Start and end dates - date of start and end. Start is required. If you put in an end date the event will show on the calendar every day from start to end.
- Location name - the title of the place of the event
- (only some have this) Feature on homepage - If you have this checkbox, it would likely make the event featured in a data-driven list on your homepage.
- Type of event - this is your "calendar areas" and on the front-end users can filter events by type.
- Address information - basic contact information that will show on the /events/detail page
- Directions - shows on the /events/detail page
- Attached file - allows you to upload a file and shows on the /events/detail page
- Related link - If extra info is available on another website, put in the full URL and it will show on /events/detail
- (only some have this) Show on Conference calendar - If you have this checkbox and it's function is baked into your module, it is meant as an override to allow a district or church event to ALSO show on the Conference calendar slice.
- Church hosting - associates it with the church and shows only on the church events calendar slice. Will also show on that church's /churches/detail page in the site
- District hosting - associates it with the district and shows only on the district events calendar slice. Will also show on that district's /districts/detail page in the site
- Inactive - will hide it if checked
- (only some have this) Needs approval - often used if you're allowing people to submit events via a console form on your website. Those events would come in as inactive and needing approval.
- Display start and end dates - controls when events start or stop showing on your site.