back to home
"It worked for us"
This is a UMC Conference object and is a repository of "good ideas" and best practices coming out of churches. It's on the site at: site/itworkedforus and allows users to browse by category.
Some examples on live sites
Fields and related tables
- Title - The name of this idea
- District - (may or may not show depending on the version of the module you have). This would allow you to associate this idea with a given district so that it could be seen on district pages and browsed for by district.
- Short description - a quick summary of the idea or activity
- Long description - a full explanation
- Files 1 to 5 - You can attach files
- Approved - Sometimes Conferences allow users to submit these idea via console forms that are publicly available on the website. This field is a flag for the content admins that it has or has not been approved. Usually this field also determines whether it can be seen on the website. Meaning, sometimes an it worked for us article must be both NOT inactive and also be approved. Sometimes is only needs to be NOT inactive.
- Contact name, phone and email - for who interested parties can contact at the church to get more information.
- Inactive - Check this and the article will become invisible on the site.
- Related: Categories - you can associate an article with many categories. Manage categories in the object called It worked for us categories. Usually hidden with setup and can be gotten to by going to setup > objects > search > click the object > click show all records