back to home
A place where you can post news stories. It's on the site at: site/news and allows users to browse by subject. The list on the homepage shows recent news articles.
Keep in mind there is variability in the data model from one organization to the next. So, you might have gotten our "base" news module but then added your own fields and/or functionality.
A video walkthrough
Check out this video walkthrough
Some examples on live sites
Fields and related tables
- Title- The title of the article
- Body - The full article
- Written Date - when it was published. The main /news page will show articles sorted by date descending
- Display from and to - controls the date range when the article will start or stop showing. Not required.
- Make inactive - Sometimes it's labeled "archive." Click it and the article will be invisible on the site.
- Inset - You can paste in related images/videos with captions in here and they will float to the right or left on the /news/detail page
- Related gallery - If you relate an image gallery to a news article it will show a random image from the gallery in the inset area on the detail page and has links to the image and the gallery
- Turn comments on - Clicking will allow users to post comments on the article page.
- Comments require approval - Click this and the comment must first be approved before it appears on the site. In the web.config file there is a setting for the news commenting approval email. This is who will get sent an email when a comment is made and they approve it from their email.