back to home
A place where you can post classified items. It's on the site at: site/classifieds and allows users to browse by category - for example: for sale, free, wanted, employment, etc. The list on the homepage shows recent classified items.
A video walkthrough
Check out this video walkthrough
Some examples on live sites
Fields and related tables
- Category - an ad can have on category. This list of categories lives in the Classifieds Categories object which can be found hiding in your Setup area of your Web Console.
- Photo - A pic of the item.
- Item - Its name.
- Description - The description of the item, job etc.
- URL - An optional link off to a site with more information.
- Contact name, email, phone and address - The basic contact information so interested folks have somewhere to inquire.
- Date posted - When it was entered into the system.
- Display to - You can have these adds roll off after a certain date. That's what this is for.
- Church - The church it is associated with (optional)
- District - Not all may have this field but it allows you to associate the ad with a district so that it can be found on the /districts/detail page and/or allow users to browse for items by district
- Make inactive - Checking makes the item invisible
- Needs approval - Many organizations allow users to submit classified ads via the web and this flag is checked by default and alters the content admins that there are items that require approval. Use the search in the Web Console to find all items where needs approval = yes. Then, possibly even save this search so it's always easily availble.