back to home
A place where many people can blog. It's on the site at: site/blogs and allows users to browse by subject and author. The list on the blogs homepage shows recent blogs from all authors and subjects.
Some examples on live sites
Fields and related tables
- Contributor - The author. It comes from a drop-down list and you'll need to add contributors by finding the object Weblog Contributors and adding them. For each contributor, if you choose to have approved commenting, you'll need to put in an email for the comment approver.
- Summary - This is the shorter description that will show on the main list page. It gives the reader an idea of what the post is about.
- Body - The full blog
- Turn this off - Makes it invisible
- Date Written - When it was written
- Attachments 1,2,3 - You can upload attachments/files and they will appear on the blogs/detail page.
- Allow comments - check this if you want to allow visitors to make comments on the post.
- Comments require approval - Then if you choose commenting, if you check this box, comments will first need to be approved before they go live. The commenting module will fire an email to the email listed in the Weblog Contributor object in the Comment approval email field.