back to home
Check out the video
News articles and blog posts can have commenting. By default, commenting is off on a per item basis. You can turn it on per post and then you can either require approval or not. If you don't require approval the user's comment will go live immediately. If you require approval, an email will be sent to the approval person before going live. Here are the approval people
- For blogs - the approval person is done per contributor and the email is in the Weblog Contributors object.
- For News - the approval person is for all news and that person/email is in the web.config file.
Important fields within the blogs and news objects...
- Allow Comments - click this to turn the commenting on
- Comments require approval - will send an email to the approver first before the comment goes live
Want to see all the comments?
There is an object called "Comments" that should appear on the left menu in your web console. Click to view all comments. Here are the fields in this object...
- Comment date - the date the comment was posted
- URL - the relative page url where the comment lives
- Name - the name they entered into the form
- Email - the email they entered
- IP Address - the IP address of the commenter
- Website URL - if they entered a website URL in the box
- Comment - the actual comment text
- Notify me of follow up comments - checked if they wish to receive an email when follow-ups are made
- Visible - determines if the comment is visible or not
- Access key - When a comment requires approval, each comment is given its own access key that the approver gets or access to approving the comment