When there is contention around an appointment (or ending of an appointment) at a church and the CMS has to step in as the pastoral oversight, you may need to do the following (at the CMSs direction):
APPOINTMENT RECORD (Episcopal Office):
- Copy the mailing address into the "Add any address changes or corrections here" field or to the Internal Notes field.
- Remove the mailing address from the "Mailing Address 1 & 2" fields.
- Add "Pastoral oversight by the XX District Superintendent. Contact the XXX District at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or firstname.lastname@example.org" in the "Description" field. For appearances, you may want to add a Horizontal Line above the statement and below.
- When adding the appointment:
AFTER A NEW APPOINTMENT IS MADE:
- Change the "Is this an interim appointment" to "Yes"
- Change the "Hide on website" button to "Invisible"
- Close the CMS appointment (Episcopal Office).
- Be sure to re-add the mailing address to the mailing address fields.
- Remove the "Pastoral oversight..." information from the "Description" field
Watch how-to video here: https://screenrec.com/share/z62w3D8iEG