Brick River system gives you a lot of options for customizing and formatting your emails. There are some best practices to be kept in mind while composing emails.
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to customize the layout, graphics, font, and content of your email to make it look appealing and user-friendly.
- Open the Email center and click Create a new email.
- In the email editor, the first step is to choose a template. Select a template from the Template drop-down list.
Step 1- Customize Content
- In the content area, type the section heading and choose Heading 2 as a formatting style for the section title.
- If there are multiple sections in your content area like for a newsletter, type the main heading and choose Heading 1 as formatting style.
- Type the content and click Remove format button to remove any existing formatting.
- In digest style emails, you can create a table of contents with multiple sections so that your users can quickly scan through the emails or choose a section to read.
- To do that, from the paragraph format drop-down list, choose normal format.
- Click Insert a table of contents button. This creates links to all your section headers.
- You can format the table contents by making them Bold or Italic. You can create bulleted lists for them.
- Click Preview to view the output.
Step 2- Customize images
- The best practice for inserting images is below the heading or the summary in the content area. To add an image, click Insert and size images button in the top menu.
- You can format the image using the options in the dialog box such as cropping, aligning, and resizing it. You can also double-click on the image to format it.
- You can also use Snippets to customize images as per your requirements.
- Email: Image Float: Select this bundle to add a floating image.
- Email: Image Table: Select this bundle to create a format that allows you to quickly add images with a heading and text. Its clean format that looks very good.
- Email: Side Images: Select this bundle to add a two column/multi-row table with placeholders for images, captions, and text.
- Image Box: Select this bundle to add an image box with a caption and placeholder to add an image.
- Once you have finished customizing the images, click Save.