Using Mass Edit/Delete
Brick River allows you to edit/delete a single field or all fields for a list of contacts or content. This feature is great when you want to:
- Put everyone on a new subscription list.
- Move registrants into your people view.
- Set everyone that registered on a certain reg form to be marked as attended in their people record.
- Set the status of everyone in one shot.
In this tutorial, we will understand how to use Mass Edit/Delete feature for updating contacts. You can perform similar steps for updating content as well.
Step 1 - Mass Update Contacts
- On the main menu, click Contacts->All Contacts and search for the contacts you want to update. You can also select the desired contacts to be updated, by selecting all, or individually selecting eligible contacts.
- Once you have your list, click Actions->Mass Edit/Delete.
- Select the fields which you want to update. For example, if you want to change the name of Email Address to Email ID, click Email Address. The options may vary depending on the selected fields.
- Select what you want to do with the email address and click Proceed.
- A confirmation screen is displayed. Enter the code and click Confirm. This will update all the contact records.