Posting and Managing Content
Content Management with Brick River begins with an understanding of content, contacts, and views. Most data-driven pages retrieve information stored in Brick River as content or contacts records. Brick River administrators can define any type of custom content using the main menu.
By default, Brick River provides four types of content: Blog Posts, Events, Features, and News.
In this tutorial, let us understand how to create new content and manage it.
Step 1 - Create New Content
- Click Content->All Content. The list of Content Items is displayed.
- To create a new content, click New. The new content item editor window is opened.
- Category: Select the type of content from the drop-down list.
- Title: Enter the title for the content item.
- Written Date: Select the date and time.
- Visibility: Select the visibility options of the content item.
- Event Dates: Select the event dates.
- Article: You can select the image for your content item, set field attributes such as default values, allowable data types, required data entry, etc. fields may be organized into collapsible 'Field Sets' to make long data forms more manageable.
- Location and Contact Information: Enter the contact information as required.
- Files: Upload any files if required.
- Save: Click to save, or open the drop-down list to save and return, or save current changes to a new copy of the existing record.
- Return: Go back to the previous screen.
- More: Click to open a list of action links. The link to delete the current record is always available here. Developers may customize this button to display additional action links.
- Jump to a field: Enter a field name to place the cursor immediately in that field.
Step 2 - Manage Content
- Fields: Change the fields displayed for existing records in the view window. The example above displays the title, written Date, first Name, and last Name fields. This display is determined by the view design and cannot be permanently changed in this window. Click fields to temporarily change the selection and order of fields displayed.
- Download: Download the content of the view to a spreadsheet or other file type.
- More: Access links to find duplicate records, publish data, access developer info, and mass update for the View.
- Activity: Click on the Activity button to view all the content activity.
- View Search Feature: Each View defines a set of Fields to be included in the dynamic search field. For example, if the First Name and Last Name fields are defined as search fields - typing " aud "in the search field would locate records linked to Audrey Zabor, Maude Finley, and Harold Baudoin. You can save the common criteria and choose from the Saved Searches drop-down button.
- Filtering: You can customize the content to include one or more filter fields.
- Found 38 Content Items: These are the list of existing content items. Click on any link for an existing record to open it in the content editor window.