FormVites is a forms management and invitation add-on to the Registration Module in Brick River system. It lets you create forms, build your invitation list, and send them an email with a link to the forms. FormVites lets you simplify and streamline the process of submitting forms and sharing with people. For example, if you want all the people in your company to fill out a set of forms every year, you can use the FormVites option in Brick River. Every person on your list will be emailed a link which will redirect them to the invite page. FormVites makes it very easy for everyone to access the forms.
In this tutorial, we are going to understand how to use FormVites.
Step 1 - Add New FormVite
- On the top menu, click Reg->FormVites. The list of FormVites is displayed.
- Click Add New. A blank FormVite screen is displayed. Enter the details as follows:
- Title: Enter the name of the FormVite.
- Start: Select or enter the date the FormVite is first available. Each form can have a separate start and end date which is specified in the form's registration period properties.
- End: Select the last day, the FormVite is available.
- Description: Enter the information which will be displayed on the FormVite page. Give helpful instructions or other information related to the forms.
- Contact Name: Enter the name of the person to contact, if the invitee has questions.
- Contact Email: Enter the email address of a contact.
- Files: Upload files that the invitee can download or view.
- Requires Approval: Toggle Yes or No to review and approve once the FormVite is submitted.
- Required Forms: Select the required forms from the drop-down list. If you don't have any forms, click Reg->Forms Share and select a form. It will be automatically populated in the drop-down list.
- Optional Forms: Select the optional forms from the drop-down list.
- Optional Multi-Fill Forms: Select the forms which will be available to the invitee to fill multiple times.
- Template: Select a template for the FormVite page. You can select from any of the registration templates or create a new one.
- Make this invisible: Toggle the button to Yes to remove the FormVite from the FormVite listing.
- Once you have entered everything, click Save.
Step 2 - Create and Email the Invitation List
The next step in the process is to create the list of Contacts that the invitation will be sent to.
- Click Create the invitation list and select the type of contact that you want to use. For this example, we will use People.
- The People screen is displayed. You can also filter the list of people to be displayed. You can also for a specific set of people to be displayed on the screen.
- After you have selected the list of contacts, click More->Add To FormVite. You will be given a list of FormVites, select the one you want to add the contacts.
- Click Add to this FormVite next to your invitation. You will then be redirected to the FormVite detail page.
- Once you have added all of the invitees, click Email to email them so they know how to get to the FormVite page. Invitees can be mailed as a group or individually. To email a group, select All Invitees or a set of the invitees by progress level. After selecting the group you will be directed to the email compose screen to compose your email. The FormVites statuses are explained below:
- No Response Yet: Added to the invitee list and has not yet clicked on the FormVite link
- Viewed: Viewed the FormVite page, but has not yet started any forms
- Started: At least one of the FormVite forms have been started
- Submitted for Approval: The FormVite has been submitted and is available for review
- Submitted/Complete: The FormVite has been submitted and is available for approval
- Approved: If the FormVite requires approval, a FormVite can be approved.
- To email, an individual invitee, select the email icon to the right of the invitee. Emails created through FormVites will always contain a link to the invitees' FormVite page. If you want to add an additional link to the body of the email, use the mail merge fields and select FormVite Link.
Step 3 - Manage FormVites
- The FormVites are managed and edited from the FormVites detail page. To access the FormVites page, click Reg->FormVites. The list of FormVites is displayed.
- You can search for FormVites by entering the search criteria in the Search field.
- Click Copy this FormVite link next to the FormVite to copy it.
- Click View Archive at the bottom of the page to see the list of archived FormVites.
- Click on the Title of the FormVite to access the details of the FormVite.
- The top of the details page lists the forms included in the FormVite with links to the forms for managing or editing forms. Click Edit FormVite button to edit the FormVite.
- Select the Progress level of the invitees to filter the invitee list and view only the invitees at that progress level.
- Click on the Contact name to view the invitees FormVite page.
- Once an invitee submits a FormVite, the status of the FormVite changes to Submitted for Approval. The Approve and Unsubmit buttons then become available.
- If a form needs to be updated or edited after being submitted, click on Unsubmit, so the invitee can go back and edit their forms (provided forms allow for editing after submission). If the FormVite is complete, it can be approved. FormVites can be unapproved later if required.
- Once a form has been started it is visible from the FormVite details page. Forms can be viewed for printing, reviewing, editing and managing.